2020 Golden Slipper Sale Mail

2020 Golden Slipper Sale Mail

Last week we had a taste of things to come when 2020 Blue Diamond nominations were released and this week we have all the information on the nearly 2500 entries for the 2020 Golden Slipper to be run on March 21 at Rosehill.

Nominations for the Golden Slipper represent a considerable slice of the commercially bred rising two year-olds of 2019/2020 so we thought a Sale Mail and analysis might prove interesting.

From a total 2,435 entries 76% were offered at auction while the remaining 24% were either bought privately, leased or retained to race by their breeders.

Of those youngsters that went to the sales 36% came through a Magic Millions auction, 35% from Magic Millions and 5% from NZB.

This year at Australasian yearling sales we had 31 horses sell for $1million or more with 29 being nominated for the Golden Slipper including the Snitzel colt from Ichihara that made $2.8 million at Inglis Easter to be the most expensive yearling of 2019.

The most represented sire with 115 entries is I Am Invincible, while Vancouver is the most highly represented of the first season sires with 74. Below are all the sires with 40 or more entries.

Ciaron Maher Racing is the biggest nominator with 133 youngsters, followed by the Hayes/Dabernig team with 124 and Chris Waller with 97.

Click here to see all the Golden Slipper nominations sortable by Nominator, Sire, Dam, plus Sale, Vendor, Buyer and Price for those offered at auction.